Have you failed step 3?
We understand that for students who have failed step 3 that this can be devastating. Many students report that the reason they failed step 3 is due to the CCS Case portion of the test. They were unfamiliar with the testing environment, unfamiliar with what to order, unfamiliar with what the cases were looking far.
Being unfamiliar with the software can lead to telling your friends and family that you failed step 3
Being familiar with the CCS software is essential to avoid failing step 3. Our software is almost identical to the real test, so you develop valuable experience using our software that you can’t get from reading a book about step 3. Actually practicing is the only way to get better and to avoid telling your friends and family that you failed step 3.
Our software lets you practice with 100 cases, and there is no monthly fee, so you can take as long as you need to become familiar with the software, and the most commonly seen cases. We only select the cases that have a high probability of being seen on the real test day.
We would highly recommend going to our download page located here and trialing 2 free cases which is fully functional. All the functions and features are available for this, so you can test what you are really purchasing. We have confidence that you will find that our software is better than our competitors and has a better value than our competitors who charge in our opinion excessive amounts for a monthly fee. We feel that a one-time fee is a more fair rate to our customers. We also have interactive grading which our competitors do not. It actually tells you what you did right and what you did wrong.
The NBME Step 3 or the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) is the organization that issues the NBME Step 3 exam. The NBME Step 3 has many resources on their website. Click the on the NBME Step 3 link to see what they have to offer.
NBME Step 3
The NBME Step 3 site does not have the software preparation material for the USMLE step 3 since the NBME Step 3 site mainly focuses on the other exams. However, if you go over to the USMLE.ORG website, it does have links to download the Primum Computer-based Case Simulations (CCS) (Windows only). If you have a Mac, then you cannot run this software.
Alternative to Primum Computer-based Case Simulations
As a good alternative to the Primum Computer-based Case Simulations (CCS) cases it to download our software located here, and you can test out 2 free cases and you can buy the other 98 cases for a one time fee (no monthly fees like our competitors). You can buy early and study at your own pace. No more rushing to get cases done because your monthly subscription is about to expire. You can study at your own pace.
The difference between the Primum Computer-based Case Simulations (CCS) and our software is that we offer 100 cases to practice and the Primum CCS cases offers 5 cases to practice. Also, the Primum CCS cases does not offer interactive feedback. They give you a pdf to look at, and you have to judge and guess if you did according to what the pdf says. In our program, you do not have to guess. It will show you which things that were done correctly and which things were done incorrectly. You can go to the downloads page and try out our program whether it be on a Mac or a PC. Try it out for free.
The long awaited new version is now ready: Version 3.1.1. We’ve been working on these changes for a long time. It has taken a lot of work, so we hope you enjoy them. Here is a brief list of what is new in the new version:
- GUI improvements
a. More visually appealing
b. Ability to increase font size (just like the real test)
c. Ability to go into “night mode.” (just like the real test)
d. Some other misc modifications
- New Simulate Network Lag Option. We got some interesting criticism from some customers. They were saying that our program was too fast! The concern was that the real program is a lot slower, and so they would get used to things working too fast and then struggle with time on the real-test day. We try to make clean code which makes the program work effectively. However, we have added a feature to slow down the program. I think it’s quite annoying, but all those who want a slower experience, enjoy!
- Added Sequencing to grading. This was a big request by customers. Since sequencing is graded in the real test, our customers wanted this feature added. We have obliged. Now if you order things out of sequence (if you order preventative care first or do the physical exam last, then you will lose points).
- Added Location grading. This was also a request by customers. The ability to grade if the patient was put into the correct location (ED, inpatient, ICU, etc).
- Misc Bug fixes
- A lot of “back-end” work to make the program better. You can’t see these changes, but it still took a long time to do.
- Two dozen small changes not really worth mentioning.
We still have more things that we will be adding in the upcoming months. Just to remind everyone that updates are free to those who have already purchased their program. You simply uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version. You will not need to register again. Your case grading information will still be saved and available for review even after you uninstall.